Note From VAGA Board of Directors
Hello VAGA members and friends.
The amendment in Florida to end racing has passed. Many of you have already asked what is VAGA’s plan. VAGA will continue following our mission statement. We will help the retired racers find good forever homes. We are also prepared to help the greyhounds in others ways. We are ready and able to help with the cost of feeding, kenneling, vetting and moving the greyhounds to greyhound adoption groups in various states. We will be putting all our time and energy into helping the Florida greyhounds.
Many have also asked what you can do to help. Thank you for asking and offering to help. Here are ways you can help.
1) Adopt a greyhound. If you can open up your heart and home to a greyhound (s) this is the time to do so. There is not a better time than now.
2) Foster a greyhound(s). We need good foster homes while we process adoption application
3) Volunteer. We will need help with phone interviews, home visits, transporting dogs, adoption day help, host or attend meet & greets and many other things.
4) Shop at the VAGA store. This is one way we are able to raise funds to accomplish our mission. The more you buy the more money VAGA will have to help the greyhounds.
5) Donate. You can go to the VAGA webpage at: virginiagreyhounds.org and use the donate button. You may also mail in a check. ALL money raised will be used to help the Florida greyhounds.
Thank you! Now let us all work together to do everything we can to make sure each and every greyhound in Florida will find a forever home!
The VAGA BOD
Bring home your new best friend! Adopt a Greyhound today.
Check out the Greyhounds
available through our partners.
Every little bit counts!
Your generous donation helps Greyhounds in need.
You can be part of the team
that is making a difference for
our Greyhounds. Join us today!
House soiling accidents should be few, but certainly may happen. Initially, make allowances for the change in routine, an upset...
It is proven that ID worn by your pet 24/7 will save its life if it were to slip out....
Your greyhound will want to sleep in your room at night, but do not invite him to share your bed....